In its Action Letter granting Initial Accreditation, the WSCUC Commission asked UC Merced to submit an Interim Report on March 1, 2014.
The report, which describes UC Merced's progress in several important areas, is provied below, together with evidentiary appendices and the resulting WSCUC Action Letter.
On July 17, 2014, a panel of the WSCUC Interim Report Committee received UC Merced's Interim Report with no follow-up required - a very positive outcome. The panel's findings are summarized in this action letter.
Interim Report Steering Committee
To oversee the development of UC Merced's Interim Report on behalf of the campus, the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor established the Interim Report Steering Committee in fall 2012. The committee was charged to
- Identify and oversee a timeline for report development and review, including the required data appendices.
- Identify appropriate writers and/or respondents for each element of the report
- Review and approve the completed report on behalf of the campus.
Committee membership was determined following recommendations from the Senate-Administration Council on Assessment and Planning (now the Periodic Review Oversight Committee).
- Donald Barclay, Interim University Librarian
- Chelsea Carey, Graduate Student Representative
- Daniel Feitelberg, Vice Chancellor for Planning and Budget, with designees
- Kathleen Jefferds, Chief of Staff to the VCPB
- Nancy Ochsner, Director, Institutional Planning and Analysis
- Miguel Jimenez, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Chris Kello, Acting Dean of the Graduate Division
- Jane Lawrence, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs
- Laura Martin, Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Susan Sims, Chief of Staff to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
- Elizabeth Whitt, Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education
For additional information regarding UC Merced's Interim Report or the Interim Report Steering Committee, please contact Laura Martin.