During fall 2017, WSCUC Steering Committee Chair, Nate Monroe, updated campus stakeholders on the campus's progress with its reaffirmation of accreditation activities, an effort that kicked off the campus' preparations for the Accreditation Visit of February 27 - March 1, 2017.
Through a series of meetings, and as guided by this handout, Nate shared
- The outcomes of the Offsite Review which took place October 3, 2017 and resulted in the Lines of Inquiry.
- The timeline and possible outcomes for our reaffirmation
- Opportunities for involvement in the Accreditation Visit
- Next steps in campus preparations
The Lines of Inquiry document is particulary important. Drafted by the external review team following a careful review of the campus's Institutional Report and associated evidentiary appendices, and in consideration of UC Merced’s accreditation history, the document outlines
- the team's perceptions of the UC Merced's strengths (commendations)
- the areas it will explore further during the Accreditation Visit ("Lines of Inquiry")
- the additional documents and information the team would like to see before the Accreditation Visit
- the individuals and groups the team would like to meet with during the Accreditation Visit
On December 19, 2017, the campus submitted its response to the team's request for additional documents and information outlined in the Lines of Inquiry. That document is availble here.
A list of the meetings, organized by meeting date, follows. If you would like Nate to meet with your group, please contact Laura Martin, the campus Accreditation Liason Officer. To learn more about the reaffirmation of accreditation process visit http://accreditation.ucmerced.edu/re-affirmation.
|Chancellor's Extended Cabinet||10/18/2017|
|Divisional Council of the Academic Senate||10/23/2017|
|SSHA Executive Committee||10/26/2017|
|Student Affairs Directors||10/31/2017|
|Graduate Student Association||11/1/2017|
|Graduate Group Chairs||11/13/2017|
|School of Natural Sciences Executive Committee||11/14/2017|
|School of Engineering Executive Committee||11/15/2017|
|Merritt Writing Program||2/16/2018|